29.7.05

mangalpandey

The Rising
- Take your friends and family to the movies!

I've been awaiting this for what seems like a small eternity: "The Rising", Bollywood superstar Amir Khan's epic tale of Mangal Pandey and the Indian sepoy uprising of 1857 is set to have world première on August 12. Some of you may remember that I was picked up on the streets of Bombay and cast as an extra in this mammoth production (see blog entry 9.5.04). I was even so lucky as to be in the same scene as Amir Khan and Rani Mukherjee and I reckon there is a good chance I'll bee visible in the final picture. Look out for the British soldier with massive sideburns and a bewildered facial expression who has to step aside at the entrance of the house of pleasure as Rani and Amir come storming inside.

/haakon/

BTW! Read more about the movie at indiaglitz.com and imdb.com and watch the teaser (flash) at nowrunning.com!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If these people don't know how to do something, their answer is that's not do able. I don't know whether it's just their ego (they know what their talking about) or the laziness (to refer to something).